SFFS

Another part from chapter 3. Introducing the talking cat.

Enjoy.

As if on cue, a sizable black blob suddenly leaped onto my chest. I yelled out in shock, jumped off the couch and tripped on Djinn, which was propped beside the coffee table. My head hit the corner of the coffee table and I let out a pathetic ‘Ouch’.

While I was displaying just how clumsy humans can be, the black American shorthair simply stood on my coffee table, eyeing me with his yellow eyes. Cats cannot smile but Amaymon was halfway there as he snickered in amusement.

“Dammit, Amaymon,” I said as I nursed a bump on my head. “I told you to stop doing that.”

“And I told you I will not stop as long as your reaction is always the same as an eight year old’s.”
Amaymon is the world’s only talking cat and he’s always quick to use his tongue. And possibly the world’s most intelligent cat: certainly the most annoying one.
14 comments on “SFFS
  1. Cary Caffrey says:

Talking cats can really mess with your head. Trust me.

2. T. M. Hunter says:

I'm glad this is the world's only talking cat. If ours could talk, it would only lead to trouble, that's for sure. But at least this cat is intelligent…nothing worse than a talking cat who's dumber than dirt. 😉

3. Hmm….do I want a talking cat or a talking anteater….so hard to choose. I must read on and see what other snippets offer wishlist material! (Although cats do have the most irritating moody attitudes, it's true.)

4. Mad Writer says:

You seem to be talking from experience. I'll make sure to get a talking dog. Such as the one in the book

5. Mad Writer says:

No cat it dumb. They make you think that and then they trap you. No I am not paranoid. They are really plotting the conquer the world and make us their door opening slaves

6. Mad Writer says:

Wish list? Careful what you wish for. Besides, what makes you think Amaymon is actually a cat?

7. JC Cassels says:

See…this is why I'm a dog person. My talking pit bull never ridicules me, always comforts me and apologizes non-stop when she's not begging for food or complaining about being bullied by the daschund.

8. S A Check says:

Talking pets capturing embarrassing moments AND providing commentary. Lets hope Amaymon doesn't have Internet access. Fun snippet!

9. S.C. Wade says:

This was awesome! I enjoyed it a lot! Haha! Very humorous.But "Amaymon", huh? Sounds like it could be a Digimon. Didn't all their names end in "mon"? 🙂

10. Mad Writer says:

Amaymon invented Facebook

11. Mad Writer says:

They did, I love that show. But Amaymon is an actual demon name according to the Lesser Key of Solomon. I did a bunch of research to get names correct and then chose the ones I could pronounce. Wiki the name; fun stuff

12. Ouch. But he sounds very much a cat.

13. Cassandra says:

Remind me to give you my dissertation on how cats are really reincarnated dragons. Love the snippet, even if it did make sneeze uncontrollably 😛

14. Mad Writer says:

That sounds like the most interstitial dissertation ever. I'm curious now!! Where can I get my hands on it?