SFFS

Another Part of Chapter 3 of Firstborn.

Enjoy the banter between a wizard and his cat.

“Will you stop lecturing me? First you hit me on the head and now you lecture me,” I moaned as I grabbed the soda can and pressed against my forehead.
“You hit yourself. And stop using regular junk as channels. Breaking stuff is not in your best interest; you’re already behind on your rent,” Amaymon continued, clearly enjoying himself.
“It was a critical situation,” I replied weakly.
“Critical, my tail.”

14 comments on “SFFS
  1. TKToppin says:

I remember this exchange. It was funny then, as it is now. 😀

2. JC Cassels says:

Cats are disagreeable no matter WHAT resides in that furry skin.

3. The set-up alone piqued my interest. The cat's tone cracked me up (though it makes sense considering it's a demon), but the last line is golden. 🙂

4. S A Check says:

A wizard and a demon cat arguing about the rent – How isn't that literary gold? "My tail!" – great line.

5. T. M. Crone says:

I can picture this cat in a sort of "Shrek" character kind of way. Great stuff.

6. May be a demon is a cat's body, but it sure knows how to act like a cat.

7. Demon…cat…what's the difference? Love the humor!

8. Mad Writer says:

Much appreciated. 😀

9. Mad Writer says:

Right? Why aren't publishers eating this up? Also, thanks 😀

10. “Amaymon, you’re an immortal demon trapped in a cat’s body. Are you really gonna bitch about the rent?”Great line… and somehow, I bet the answer is yes. Yes, he is gonna bitch. 😀

11. taraquan.com says:

“Amaymon, you’re an immortal demon trapped in a cat’s body. Are you really gonna bitch about the rent?”I second Ann's comment – you come up with the coolest lines. Love it!

12. Peter Vialls says:

Went back and read last week's snippet – love them both. Cats (and demons) can be extraordinarily supercilious. Amaymon may be demonic, but he's thoroughly feline. A really good sequence!