SFFS

Final part of Chapter 1. Lemme know in the comments if you guys want more of Firstborn (this novel) or maybe something different.

Enjoy:
Before Roland could retort with very true accounts of my behaviour around his crime scenes, I walked up to the front door. I un-holstered my guns, a pair of identical Berettas, and took a deep breath. I directed my grim thoughts toward the positive side. How my sister would kill to be in my position and be able to see, maybe even capture a fabled Lizardman. Amaymon, too, would have a hissy fit when he realized what he’d missed. After a few seconds of smiling like an idiot, I was ready to confront the horrors that had the entire police force cowering in their boots.
“Let’s go negotiate,” I said.
13 comments on “SFFS
  1. T. M. Hunter says:

Love the last line…and I'd like to see more of this, just to see the capture of a Lizardman. 😉

2. JC Cassels says:

I also love the last line. I also like "smiling like an idiot."

3. Peter Vialls says:

And a third vote for the last line – but I also like the comment about the entire police force cowering in their boots. Great snippet – thanks!

4. S A Check says:

I like the mix of realism, being a member of a police force, and the fantastical – whatever a Lizardman turns out to be. Definitely would want to read more.

5. TKToppin says:

Oh, guns, cops, Lizardmen and catchy dialogue…what's not to love about this story. Keep it coming!

6. That last line reminds me of the scene from "The Fifth Element". I'm loving this and want to see more!

7. Actually, I have this on my iPad, but I'm only partway through it.BTW, Jarn's at his usual place; I must have done something wrong on the sign-in.

8. I love this guy's attitude. And the tone of this, the pace is fantastic. I loved reading this. So, more of FIRSTBORN, please.

9. Mad Writer says:

I'm glad you have it. Enjoy. Who's Jarn? What sign in? Am I missing some sort of code?

10. Mad Writer says:

Aye aye, attitude is important. More Firstborn it is then

11. Mad Writer says:

Oh what makes you think he's gonna 'capture' anything? hehehehe

12. Aaah. Those kinds of negotiations. 🙂 They're always interesting.I'd love to see more.

13. Pippa Jay says: